Sunday, October 23, 2005

PokerStars: The PhantomMut Menace

In about 30 minutes I'll be the PokerStars Blogger Championship. My goal is modest; I just want to make it to the first break. One hour of (free) poker.

I ask all my purely hypothetical readers to wish me luck....

UPDATE: Still in at 5:00, have $3,710 play dollars, and even better, some of it came from Wesley Crusher....

UPDATE: 6:00, 20K play money, 264 players left, current rank 32 (was as high as 30).

Wil Wheaton is done, and I wish I'd written down the name of the jerk from the first table who started berating me for driving him out of a hand....

UPDATE: 6:50, out in 121st position. Apparently I'm a pushy player...

Got sloppy toward the end. Last hand was indicative. Was down to 16K, tourney average was about 30, I think. Had A/3 of spades. I'm to the right of the button. Blinds are 1200. Guy across from me bets 3000, and I call. Flop is 3,4,5, no spades. I figure the guy across from me has two high cards, so I go All-in. He calls, the turn/river is K/8, my opponent flips A/K, and that's all she wrote.

So, no tee-shirt, IPod, or anything else. But with the field starting out at over 1400 participants, I'm okay with it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Nice to see you could take an afternoon a week out from your wedding to play a game. How's the wedding planning going?

6:38 PM  
Blogger WhatsAPundit said...

It goes. Liz has pretty much everything under control (except me). We have a couple of loose ends to tie down, but we're nearly there.

I had that guy on the last hand. Took a chance, saw it pay off, then saw it tumble around my ears. (The guy who knocked me out finished 9th.)

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home